понеділок, 13 червня 2011 р.

10 years ago today, Allen Iverson destroyed the Lakers

Where were you 10 years ago, on this day? Because The 700 Level would like to remind you that it was 10 years ago today that Allen Iverson nailed a game-deciding shot in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, before stepping over Tyronn Lue

I was in a pizza place, in North Carolina. I had been tempted to fly out and work there by someone who ran a tout service that I wrote for under a pseudonym, as he kindly allowed me employment in a setting most atypical. I had no idea how to make a pizza, but within a week I learned to roll a pretty good pie, and 10 years later I still have the touch.

I also watched Allen Iverson decimate the lacking Los Angeles Lakers defense 10 years ago, today, as I'm sure most of you did. So, in the interest of rampant nostalgia as 2010-11 winds down and the impending lockout deadens things, why not fill up the comment section with where you were, 10 years ago, when AI and his 76ers made it seem like they had a chance against the big, bad Lakers?

I'll let Enrico Campitelli Jr. start off with the run:

Like all truly great memories, you can likely recall where you were for that wild game one victory. I was a 20-year-old college student home from Boston on summer break, watching the game at a high school buddies college apartment near Villanova. There were a dozen of us all watching one TV, perhaps partaking in a few under-age beverages. When A.I. stepped over Lue, my buddy Frankie started beating people with a whiffle ball bat for reasons still unclear. It hurt, but I'll never forget how awesome it was. Expletives were the word of the evening.

Well, nobody was hit with a plastic bat in my retelling, but I can assure that the pies came out on time.

What's your recollection?

Jerry West Lenny Wilkens James Worthy Kareem Abdul Jabbar Nate Archibald

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар