неділя, 21 листопада 2010 р.

Ron Artest wants a shot at the NFL when his NBA career ends



Man, you go, Ron Artest. Dig this enthusiasm:

"... It's a fantasy of mine. It's an opportunity because I'm athletic. So if that fantasy can be fulfilled, and if it's something that can really be reached as far as a goal, I'm going for it."

That's right. You take that ball, and you run with it. More power to you.

Although, Ron, I should ask what you're actually talking about, here. Certainly not literally taking a football and running with it professionally, I'm hoping. What's the rest of that quote?

(From CBSSports.com:)

"God willing, after my NBA career, God willing I'm still athletic enough -- which I'm trying to take care of my body as best as possible and be prepared for this day, for this tryout of an NFL team," Artest said. "... It's a fantasy of mine. It's an opportunity because I'm athletic. So if that fantasy can be fulfilled, and if it's something that can really be reached as far as a goal, I'm going for it."

Ooh, boy.

Outside of, perhaps, Craig Smith, Glen Davis or Kris Humphries, Ron Artest probably has the most ready-made NFL body in the entire NBA. But there isn't a whole lot of precedent for good athletes in their mid 30s (Ron will be nearing 35 when his contract with the Los Angeles Lakers expires in 2014) who didn't play college football to strap on the pads and make an NFL team.

Though, it should be noted, Ron Artest on an Arena League team would just about be the greatest thing ever. Ken Berger nailed the original interview behind Artest's plans over at CBSSports.com, but if Ron Ron joins the San Jose SaberCats, I'm calling dibs on writing the book.

Billy Cunningham Dave DeBusschere Clyde Drexler Julius Erving Patrick Ewing

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар