субота, 5 березня 2011 р.

The 10-man rotation, starring Nenad 'Curly' Krstic



A look around the league and the web that covers it. It's also important to note that the rotation order and starting nods aren't always listed in order of importance. That's for you, dear reader, to figure out.

(This is Thursday's Rotation, kept in check because of performance issues. There will be a second link collection, later today.)

C: CSNNE. Nenad Krstic's nickname? "It's thanks to coach Lawrence Frank," he explained to CSNNE.com. "He was my coach for four years in New Jersey. I didn't speak any English, and he texted me like, ‘Do you have any nicknames you like to be called?' I said, ‘Krle' [pronounced kur-lay]. Back home, it's short for ‘Krstic.' That's how we give nicknames. He couldn't say it, ‘Krle,' and he started saying, ‘Curly, Curly, Curly.' I don't really like calling me ‘Curly,' but I don't really care. I stopped caring when I told him so many times, ‘It's not Curly, it's Krle,' but he couldn't say it for some reason. KG calls me ‘Kris.' He said he's not going to call me ‘Curly' because it's something soft. (Pause, laughs) I like ‘Curly' too. I don't care."
PF: The Point Forward: Memphis' defensive turnaround.
SF: ESPN. It's an Insider piece, but if you have it, you need to read David Thorpe's take on DeMarcus Cousins.
SG: WEEI. The Celtics are growing. And they're still green.
6th: The Two Man Game. Rob Mahoney's analysis on Corey Brewer as a Maverick.
7th: TrueHoop. Dwyane Wade is killing his knees with every step he takes.
8th: SB Nation. 19 reasons the Kings should stay in Sacramento.
9th: SB Nation. 60 people the Heat should sign ahead of Eddy Curry.
10th: Voice On the Floor. VOTF returns, and not a moment too soon. Listen to Brendan K. O'Grady on Blake Griffin, cult hero. Matt Moore's touching appeal to fans. Beckley Mason on the NBA's market warfare. Bret LaGree on learning to love Joe Johnson's contract. Holly MacKenzie taking two fists and a bottle of rye to a fight with the Detroit Pistons. Sebastian Pruiti discussing all things picky and rolly. And Santiago Colas' take on Walt Frazier's memorable tome, and tone.

Got a link or tip for Ball Don't Lie? Holler at me at KD_BDL_ED (at) yahoo.com, or follow me on Twitter.

Robert Parish Bob Pettit Scottie Pippen Willis Reed Oscar Robertson

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар